Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

#5. Mother.

Have you ever seen the classic Albert Brooks movie "Mother," starring, well Albert Brooks and Debbie Reynolds? It's a story about a man who moves back in with his mother after his third divorce, in order to figure out why he has issues with women. It does not sound as funny as it is, its a typical Brooks dramedy, so it has its moments.



One moment in particular resonated with me this week, the moment where we watch as Debbie Reynolds attempts to speak with her other son (Rob Marrow) on a video phone (I know the video phone is kinda outdated, but Skype is quite the same). In this scene we see from Marrow's POV as Reynolds moves side to side and up and down in front of the video phone screen, never being completly visable. Its hilarious. I lived this last week when my mother decided that Skype was a good idea. It wasn't. It was in fact a terrible idea, and much like the movie, the call ended in frustration. While my mother has figured out her iPhone (after two years), she has yet to figure out the WebCam.

Guess I know what my next trip home is going to entail. Teaching her to text was a poor decision, I think I may have to come up with an excuse in the next few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment