Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

#9. Forget Paris

On a recent trip back home, I had the opportunity to spend some QT with my dad. I had not seen him or the rest of my family and friends for six months. But since his work schedule is hectic, he was one of the last people I spent time with. We planned our day visiting my parents new house (see next blog for more about that!) and my nintey six year old Grandma in her nursing home. We set off for the new abode first.

To get to the new place, we needed to drive through a business district poplulated by restaurants, car dealerships, and strip malls. When we turned onto the main drag I heard my dad say, "Red Lobster." To which I responded, "What?" He then said, "Mattress Factory." Again I asked, "What?" And this continued, until my dad finally pointed to the business signs. I then realized he wasn't having a stroke, but he was reading the signs out loud. I have no idea what made him do this, but all I could think of was Billy Crystal and William Hickey going through the exact same scene in Forget Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment