Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

#11. Cast Away

Since we are already in Tom Hanks mode, let me tell you about Chuck. Chuck Norris that is. This is Chuck.

Chuck has become my Wilson. Ok so he isn't a ball but he is my inanimate object friend. Chuck was a gift from my friend Clare, he currently resides on my mantle.

I moved to San Francisco in January, with my friend from U of A. I was living in Pennsylvania and he was living in Phoenix, after living here briefly with his girlfriend. I told him I was moving here for school and he started looking for a job, he couldn't wait to live here, he loved it.

So in January we arrived in SF. By May I was living alone. He neglected to tell me the reason he moved here was to get his girlfriend back, he succedded in doing so, and they got their own place. I cant really complain, our small apartment now only has me in it, and he is still paying half the rent. But its lonely sometimes, thats where Chuck comes in.

Chuck is my Wilson. My buddy, my pal, my confidant. But unlike Wilson, I cant throw Chuck out to sea when I'm mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment