Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#3. Okay, I'll be honest with you. I did fart.

Ok, so this happened to my friend, not me, but I had to post it, too good to pass up.

This past month my friend was notified she would have six weeks to find a new place of employment due to cut backs. She is very experienced in her field and received much interest after sending out her resume. One "place" of employment that called her for an interview was an institution she found quite interesting and was on the top of her list choicewise. So she coordinated a time for her interview and then proceeded to psych herself out for the next week, until the day of the interview.

On the day of, she woke up, got dressed and drank coffee (which she does not drink), began to walk to her interview and stopped for more coffee (not good). So she finally arrives more caffinated than usual and takes a seat in the waiting area, where she is surrounded by much older women in power suits, she is dressed in a cute little dress and sweater. She texts me at this point to wish her luck, which I do, to no avail.

Now from what I gathered from the conversation that followed the interview was this: that after some intense questioning, she became flustered (due to the caffiene) and laughed in response to a inquiry that stumped her, the interviewers then fell silent and began to read her resume in said silence. As the moment of silence proceeded, my friend, broke wind, much to the suprise of the interviewers and herself. She then sat for another moment of silence, while being stated at by the wide eyed interviewers, them mumbled "Thanks." and ran for it.

Now when she told me this story I instantly exclaimed "Step Brothers!" She knew exactly what I meant and she cracked up, an improvement from the tears. If you have never seen Step Brothers do yourself a favor and watch it. There is a hilarious depiction of this situation only it stars Will Farrell, John C. Reilly and Seth Rogan. Just another example of your life in context.

No comments:

Post a Comment